Electric Fence Tape
Electric fence tape in 12mm, 20mm and 40m width in white and green. Poly tape is generally used in electric fences for horses due to it high visibility and it being much wider than conventional electric fence wires. Poly electric fence tape is a very safe form of fencing as if an animal is caught up in it will will not harm them. Also fence tape flexible nature means it is ideal for temporary fencing such as strip grazing.
Electric fence tape is a type of electric fencing that uses a flexible, polyvinyl chloride (PVC) tape with one or more stainless steel conductors running through it. It is a popular choice for fencing livestock, such as horses, cattle, and sheep, because it is:
- Visible: The bright colors of the tape, such as white, orange, and yellow, make it easy for animals to see.
- Flexible: The tape can be easily bent and curved around corners and obstacles.
- Durable: The PVC coating protects the conductors from the elements and makes the tape resistant to tear and puncture.
Electric fence tape is typically used with an electric fence energizer, which sends a brief, high-voltage pulse through the conductors. When an animal touches the tape, it receives a shock that is unpleasant but not harmful. This teaches the animal to avoid the fence.
There are a few things to keep in mind when using electric fence tape:
- The tape should be properly installed. The insulators should be spaced evenly along the fence line, and the tape should be tight enough to prevent sagging.
- The energiser should be powerful enough to shock the animal. The size of the energizer will depend on the length of the fence and the type of animal being fenced.
- The tape should be checked regularly for damage. Damaged tape can leak electricity and pose a safety hazard.
Electric fence tape can be held by either electric fence posts or using fence insulators with wooden posts. You will see in store that we have different qualities of electric fence tape with economy being suitable for temporary fencing and strip grazing whilst premium quality fence tape is used for longer lengths of more permanent electric fencing.